We have created this statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. We do not collect personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary. This policy is your guide to how we will handle information we learn about you from your visit to our Web site.
- Use of Links
Throughout our Web pages, we provide links to other servers which may contain information of interest to our readers. We take no responsibility for, and exercise no control over, the organizations, views, or accuracy of the information contained on other servers. Creating a text link from your Web site to our site does not require permission. If you have a link you'd like us to consider adding to our Web site, please send an email to info@WeAreBCS.org with the subject "Link request."
- Use of Text and Images
If you would like to publish information that you find on our Web site, please send your request to info@WeAreBCS.org. Where text or images are posted on our site with the permission of the original copyright holder, a copyright statement appears at the bottom of the page. Information about using our logo and images is available in Media Resources.
This Web site is designed to be accessible to visitors with disabilities, and to comply with federal guidelines concerning accessibility. We welcome your comments. If you have suggestions on how to make the site more accessible, please contact us at info@WeAreBCS.org.
- Reading or Downloading
We collect and store only the following information about you: the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account, or princeton.edu if you are connecting from Princeton University's domain), the date and time you access our site, and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked to our site.
We use the information we collect to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
- Online Profile Updates and Donations
If you complete the Profile update form and share your personally identifying information, this information will be used only to provide you with more targeted content. We may use your contact information to send further information about our organization or to contact you when necessary. You may always opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the "Opt Out" section below.
- Sending us an Email
You also may decide to send us personally identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing a question or comment, or by filling out a Web form that provides us this information. We use personally identifying information from email primarily to respond to your requests. We may forward your email to other employees who are better able to answer your questions. We may also use your email to contact you in the future about our programs that may be of interest.
We want to be very clear: We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary. Except as might be required by law, we do not share any information we receive with any outside parties.
If you sign up for one of our email lists, we will only send you the kinds of information you have requested. We won't share your name or email address with any outside parties.
- Kids and Privacy
For children who visit our site, special rules apply. We do not request personal information about children, such as first and last name or street address and city. When kids send email to us, their online contact information (email address) is not used to re-contact them and is not maintained in retrievable form.
- Opt-Out or Change Your Contact Information
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us through a special online form. You may choose to receive only specific communications or none at all. You may also update your contact information previously provided to us through another online form. You cannot remove yourself from our database, but you can prevent unwanted communication.
- Questions about our policies
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact us at: info@WeAreBCS.org.
- How does Brooklyn Community Services protect the information that we receive from you? Brooklyn Community Services has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control. We use a secure server and transmit information using the secure socket layer (SSL) encryption protocol. All personal information is contained in a secured network behind a firewall and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- What information is collected when you visit Brooklyn Community Service's web site? We keep anonymous records of the date and time we have visitors at our web site and from what country they contact us. We also note which pages receive the most visits and which are the most frequently downloaded. In addition, we track which key words have enabled you to contact our site through which browser.If you choose to e-mail us we will not share your address or any personal information with any other organization. We will not send you any newsletters or other mail unless, in your e-mail, you request that we do so.
- Who collects the information? Brooklyn Community Services is solely responsible for retrieving any information entered into our web site.
- What does Brooklyn Community Services do with the information it collects? The information that is collected is used only to monitor the traffic on our web site and measure which pages are of most interest to our visitors. Data regarding the volume of traffic to the server, the number of visitors to each page, and the most frequently used search terms, are analyzed on a monthly basis to derive statistics about our audience's usage patterns and help us make this site better able to meet their interests and our objectives.